Here’s a cute and easy Christmas ornament to show off your tatting obsession.
- A small Styrofoam ball, or similar ball. Ideally, one that you can poke a needle through.
- A long needle, that you can fit through your ball.
- A skein of thread.
- An extra shuttle that you can spare for the Christmas season.
- A pair of pliers for pulling the needle through (optional but handy).
WHAT TO DO:
1. Get your Styrofoam ball and wrap your thread around it in every which way so that it covers the ball entirely.
2. Leave a long length of extra thread and cut it off from the skein. Thread your needle with the extra.
4. Now get your shuttle. I picked the festive colors of red and green.
5. Leaving some of the end thread loose, wind the shuttle till it is hanging pretty close to your ball. Using the extra thread, tie a loop to hang the ornament from on the opposite side of the shuttle from the ball.
6. The shuttle will hang vertically more neatly if the thread hangs from opposite sides of the shuttle points. In other words, if the thread coming out of the top is on the right side of the points, then the shuttle thread on the bottom should be to the left.
You might also like:
How to keep your tension tight after reversing work, or betw...
This patient doily has been waiting for me to finish it for ...
Here is week four--and the last--of our online tatting scave...