All work and no play makes this girl as cranky as Mother Hubbard after the gin ran out. So in the spirit of trying something new, and having good fun with friends, I’d like to propose an online tatting scavenger hunt.
Each week during the month of March I’ll post a set of five challenges for things to find or do, and then you can find or make something for one or some or all of them. (Please give credit to any designers/authors whose work you show off!) Get creative!!!
As I post each set of challenges, anyone who would like to play along can post pictures of your “entry.” If you have a blog you can post them there, or on Flicker or another photo service. Leave a link to your entry in the comments section for each post so we can keep a comprehensive list of who is playing, and we can all enjoy checking out all the entries.
I hope this will be a little something different and a fun way to play with tatting.
Here are your first scavenger hunt challenges: (do as many as you like)
- Photograph your shuttles making a face.
- Find a reference to tatting in literature or a popular publication and quote or photograph it.
- Tat a motif that uses a technique you’ve never tried before.
- Photograph a coin dated the year you learned how to tat.
- Poll 15 strangers and ask them if they have ever seen tatting before. Record the results.
If you’d like to play along, leave a comment below. Remember to come back and comment with a link to your entry.
You might also like:
My brief musings on tatting, knotting and designing.
I've always been sensitive to light and had difficulty readi...
Here is week three of our online tatting scavenger hunt. Are...